Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Good Earth


A great estate sale find and worth the $1.00 I spent.  A good read.

The book was easy to follow.  There wasn't time wasted on details that weren't important to the story.  Clear and concise. 

Wang Lung is a poor farmer who manages to become wealthy, something he thinks he always wanted.  The story goes through the trials and tribulations of his life with his family.

I'm fond of his wife O-lan and wish a book was written about her life as a former slave.

Even with the cultural differences, I think the the theme can be related to someone's life today. 

I thought it was a rather sad story, but that is how life is for some. Not everyone can have a happy ending.

I don't want to give a lot of the plot away...BUT I'm dying to discuss the it.  I gave it to Namath to read, but it will be months before he gets around to it. Blah.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment